Monday, July 28, 2008

[Lupus] Cures from the Cupboard

With lupus diet is a HUGE HUGE part of your well being. With chronic diseases you have to eat a certain way, HBP, anemia, everything. I pay close attention to my diet and see a nutritionist, having a restricted diet isn't that bad, it actually opens you up to more foods because you are forced to try new things instead of the fried greasy, processed staples. Anyways, even though this post is for my lupies anyone can benefit. Enjoy.

*Be Nuts for Nuts* Wanna lose weight?? Eat NUTS. Yes, nuts are high is fat but people who eat nuts regularly tend to be leaner than those who don't. Cholecystokinin, a hormone that curbs your appetite is increased when you eat nuts. Smokers could use this tip if they wanna quit I think. Try to keep it as natural as possible, no salted or roasted in oil variety and you will be all good.

*Berry Good* I love berries, blueberries, are my favorite and I read that berries are a natural way to reduce inflammation for people with arthritis. So lupies with RA or arthritis eat up.

*Dude, Where's My Beans* Beans beans good for the heart.... We all know the rest, but it's true beans are wonderful for your diet but it is also said to lower blood pressure down to a normal range when eaten. All beans have this benefit but pinto beans are the best. Chocolate lovers rejoice as well, the flavonoids in this perfect food is also shown to lower blood pressure.

Eat Healthy, Be Happy Y'all
Photo: www.wickedberries.com.au

No comments: